Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Rain Maker....

that's what Jason calls it anyway. I, however, like to call it The Skunk Eliminator! I am referring to the hay swather. I have had the joy of swathing hay. On Saturday, I swathed the last half of field for Jason. As I was driving along, I hear the "thud" and thought to myself "huh...that was weird". And then the smell. Being this was my first experience to actually run over a skunk in the swather, I wasn't sure of proper protocol. I did just keep driving and the smell did go away more quickly than what I had anticipated.

Yesterday. Yesterday I was given the opportunity, again, to swath hay. This time, however, I found out about a skunk reunion that was happening out in the hay field. Had I known that this event was happening, I probably would have waited for a more opportune time to cut the hay. However, I was uniformed and naively thought that family reunions only happen on the weekends! Needless to say, I knew that by the time I finished swathing, I was going to need to take a tomato bath to get the stink off of my body!!

Jason did let me into bed last night....so I'm guessing I didn't stink too bad!

No comments: