Friday, May 2, 2008

2 Vets, 1 Day!

OK .....here goes my first post! Thank You, Allison, for the beautiful design. And thank you, Jennifer, for the encouragement!

Today has been a rather lively day, and it all started yesterday. Yesterday my mom, sister, and I went to Phoenix to attend my cousin's graduation from Grand Canyon University. We left Tucson at 9am and returned to Tucson 9pm. I was so tired that I decided just to stay at my parents' place for the night instead of coming home.

So this morning, my mom, sister, and I went to a local nursery to pick up some flowers. And with over an acre of flowers to choose from, it takes some time. By the time that I arrived home it was 12:55pm, and I had to have our dog, Cash, to the vet by 1:30pm. He had a run-in with one of our local javalenas a couple of weeks ago, and he needed to have the 8 staples above his eye removed. I think that we arrived around 1:40pm, which I thought was pretty good, and we were back home by 2:10pm.
(This is Cash when I brought him home from the vet. He has a mangled ear, and, lucky for him, he still has his eye. The vet said today that his scares shouldn't interfere with his social life!)

From home, Jason and I left and headed down the road to go and check on our friends' horse that had hurt his hind leg. They are gone to CA right now, and asked if we would be "on call" basically while they are gone, which we are more than happy to do. I received a call today; they left yesterday. After we had washed and examined the wound, we couldn't decide whether or not it was a snake bite or if he had just hit it really hard on something. The swelling was pretty bad, and he was having some trouble walking. So now the tough decision, do you call the vet or not? After talking with Dan & Kristel several times, we decided to go ahead and take the horse to vet. We hooked up to their trailer and then after a few tries we had the horse loaded. (He is only a yearling & I think he has been in a trailer twice). Long story short, it was a bad bump. He now is resting at our house so that I can give him his antibiotics and clean his wound everyday.
Now, I'm going to bed!




The little colt not only had a hard time getting in, but getting out proved to be challenge also!



4 comments:

Allison said...

Yay! I'm so excited you're blogging now. Can't wait for more.

So glad Cash and the horse are ok. I don't do well with hurt animals.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blog world! Isn't it nice to have a place to recount the days events... Hopefully, everyday won't involve hurt animals, or Allison will be coming out there to check on them all!

The pictures are great! I am looking forward to more!

Janette's Joys said...

Aunt Candi's blogging!!!

Hey how 'bout that new trailer, eh? :)

Unknown said...

Ok... ready for a new post!!