Sunday, May 11, 2008

Road Trip


Last Wednesday my mom and I left AZ and headed to Sanger, TX. It was 1pm before we actually left Cochise, so we decided that we would try and stay in Big Spring, which is about 8 1/2 hrs from our house. When we made it to Big Spring, there were no rooms. So we continued on to Sweetwater, and luckily found a room on our second try. (Just a little plug for the hotel we stayed at. The Best Western was very clean, and the people were very nice! So if you ever need a room in Sweetwater, that's where I recommend!) By the time that we got to bed it was 2:30am. At 5:30am I got up and by 8am we were on the road again. This a picture of my mom texting my dad. I just think it is so cute that they text each other!


We made it to Sanger, exchanged pickups, and then mom and I hit the antique stores. We ended up spending several hours "antiquing", and eating lunch in the Tea Room of antique store in this picture. We do not have antique stores like this in AZ, so we had a blast! And I found an old wagon wheel that I am going to make a table with. Very excited about that! We also passed by the Texas Motor Speedway, so mom had to get some pictures of that for my dad.















We passed this rig 3 different times, but just wanted to show everyone how "wisely" our politicians spend money! This is a Mercedes-Benz.







We had a really great trip, and I enjoyed showing my mom Texas. She just couldn't get over how green everything was. And I was sad that we didn't have time to stop in and say "hello" to everyone, but it was one of those, get there & get back, trips.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sad we didn't get to see y'all! I am glad y'all had fun. And I can't wait to see the new table!

Janette's Joys said...

The good news is that your mom has now seen "south Texas":)

Candice said...

Yep! "South" Texas sure was pretty!