Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spiders, Snakes, & Scorpions....Oh My!

We love our new house, and we love living here.....we do not love all of our "roommates"! This house breeds spiders, I don't why, oh and crickets. I have sprayed the house from top to bottom, before we moved in and twice since then. Yet....spiders and crickets.

So, I can live with spiders and crickets but last week there was a scorpion in our bedroom. Nice. So I sprayed it too! It had crossed my layer of poison because it was dying, but needless to say.....I sprayed AGAIN!

Last night, Dakota would not stop barking. So finally I asked Jason to go and see what she was barking at. Turns out she was barking at Milo because she was in Dakota's dog house. When I thought that Jason had everything straighten back out between our two "kids", he didn't come back in. Pretty soon he was standing at the sliding glass door asking me to come outside.

He had killed a baby rattle snake that he had nearly stepped on. This house also breeds rattle snakes!! But I didn't expect it to begin so quickly. So my top priority this afternoon is spreading Snake Away around the house. Sure hope this stuff works!!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

All of those critters will make you restless. I hear gunieas work for snakes.I don't know about the rest.

Janette's Joys said...

OOooooooh Candi, that is grody!!! Guess where I WON'T be staying when I come home to visit?? :) I must say though, if any of my female friends could tackle all those creatures and win, its definitely you!

Unknown said...

As long as there are no mice, I will come visit:)

God must be preparing you for a huge blessing with all these 'roommates'!

Unknown said...

Well....I guess that none of my sister-in-laws will be coming to visit me! I do have my fingers crossed that the mice are under control!

Jason and I talked about getting gunieas but I'm afraid that our dogs would kill them first.

I think I'm a little afraid if God is preparing us for a blessing through all of our roomies!! ;)

Allison said...

So much action!

I've been stung by a scorpion - actually three times in the same night. Ouch!

Despite it all, glad you love your new casa!

Lindsey Strittmatter said...

Hi, Candice! You are very brave! I sure am glad you guys didn't have that problem when we came to visit - I would have been up on a barstool the whole time! haha. Hope all is well :)