Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wisdom

Sometimes I have to wonder....What is going on?? Seriously, where is the wisdom of the people who are elected into a public office? Check out California, Senate Majority Leader Dean Florez, is writing a new bill that would ban all antibiotics in animals used for human consumption. He is going to ban them from schools first. But what are the effects of antibiotics used in animals? He is concerned about our long term health, but for how long have we been consuming meat from animals that have been given antibiotics? For me, it's probably been pretty close to 27 years now and I'm doing great! More importantly, how will consumer safety be affected when we have sick livestock everywhere that we can not treat?

Along those same lines, I heard a statement made the other day that made me so furious!! A young person told me that they had heard on the news (and we know that it HAD to be true) that 8 to 10 year olds are having a stronger sex drive because of the food they are eating. WHAT!!! I was thinking.....HAVE YOU WATCHED TV LATELY?!? I've decided that if you are a Christian or a farmer you are always under attack....try being both!

All of this just proves that the only truth in our lives comes from God's Word. Not from our friends, the news, or our "oh so wise" politicians!!

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind." James 1:5-6

No comments: