Thursday, June 25, 2009

Here it is


Well, this is a picture of my first attempt at a wedding cake. It was for my cousin's wedding a couple of weeks ago in Las Cruces, NM. She sent me a picture and I did that best that I could, I just hope it was what she was wanting.

It was a little stressful....OK...a LOT stressful. We had a few mishaps, like dropping a tub of icing on the bottom layer of the cake, but all in all I think it was a success! Thank you, thank you for everyone who encouraged me along the way and for everyone who was praying for me!! We could feel your prayers! And a HUGE thanks for Tammy who came at just the right time and did the flower placement on the cake.

Sorry, Nette, I did not take pictures of it while I was making it. But, I will when I make the cake for Stacey's wedding!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The cake is VERY pretty! You should have posted a picture so we could see all the pearls your put on! I must admit, I am just glad it put you close enough to come see us! We are still talking about how much fun we had with y'all. Yesterday Ross woke up saying he was Uncle Jason and I was Aunt Cannni. Then he said he was going to be build a barn, and I was going to feed. Even in role play Jason has you working:)

Janette's Joys said...

Thanks for posting this, I was dying to see what it looked like. I assumed it would be beautiful, but Candice, that is gorgeous!!! Duff on "Ace of Cakes" ain't got nothing on you girl:)

Lindsey Strittmatter said...

Candice! That is AMAZING! What a great talent you have. I'm sure you will have tons of requests when people see this cake! Hope all is well with you guys :) ~Lindsey

C. White said...

Wow, that is a beautiful cake! You are so talented!

Stephanie said...

I am highly impressed! Wow!!! I bet it tasted good, too.