Sunday, October 18, 2009

One of those weeks.....


Side Note: Had my blog done ready to post and it erased this picture. So, it's story is below!













OK, so this is a random blog for me to vent a little bit! I'll start with this picture that I took back in May, just thought that it looked really cool. Last May, when my mom and I went to Denton, I found this wagon wheel at an antique shop...still haven't done anything with it, but it looks kind of neat leaning against my house! ;)






This month marks a year since we put Windy down, and got Praise. I was browsing my old pictures and found this one when Jason and I first went and looked at him.


This is Praise this summer. I just talked to the lady that we bought him from this last week. When I called her and told her who I was she was SO excited to hear from me. She lives close to where we go to church and she had been driving around the different church parking lots trying to find our pickup!! I gave her an update on him, and told her that he is the best horse that we have ever owned, which is true.

Now, for this last week.....it basically started out bad. I was filled with frustration, disappointment, and sadness, hoping that the week would get better. Well, it didn't. We finally got a combine on Thursday to harvest out pinto beans, and that night as Jason was backing up to dump the last load the back axle broke. Did I mention that it's not even our combine? It's still not fixed, but it is no longer sitting on the ground. On Saturday, we were able to get another combine here and we will be done by today.

It rained last night, on our hay that was ready to be baled. Lovely. How in the world we have had so much rained on hay, but yet are still so dry is beyond my comprehension. And the clouds are building again today. We have had lighting and thunder, just like it is monsoon season. Weird.

Sick calves. Coccidiosis to be exact. I told Jason that this is more stressful than a newborn baby.....I think anyway! Every night I'm dreaming of these calves and trying to keep them alive and healthy. And with harvest being in full swing, I find myself there a lot by myself. But I really do enjoy spending time with them.

Maybe this week will be better!

3 comments:

Candice said...

Note to self....not starting out to be a better week. It's raining. Again. Still have hay down. But did get beans out of the field. Dad still has beans in field. UGH!!

Unknown said...

Hope today was better... the phrase, "it's all up from here" comes to mind. I'll try to think of a good kid story to share... We miss y'all!

Janette's Joys said...

Idea: forget trying to salvage this week---just come see me in Indiana for a vacation!!!! Yes, thats definitely the best solution:)

Hope your sick calves are responding to your doctoring---you know, you are developing ALL kinds of cool skills Candice...not to mention your calves are great photo subjects:)