Monday, October 12, 2009

Our Latest Project

For weeks, Jason has stayed up late crunching numbers and building spread sheets. For weeks, all he talked about were calves, what we would buy, where we would keep them, how to turn our rained on hay into money. Well, after weeks and weeks and weeks, we finally have calves!





These two pictures are some calves that we bought right from the ranch last week. There is one in this group that I call Stitch, from the Disney cartoon "Lilo and Stitch". And once I get a picture of him, you'll know why but he is the cutest little thing!







These calves came from the sale barn two weeks ago and there is more of them, but I did not want to bore you with pictures of calves, that is if you are still reading this! ;) We have had to doctor them several times to get them over shipping fever. As of today, everyone is fat and happy!


So, basically, what all of the this means is that we are going nowhere this winter. Just 8 miles down the road to check on our sweet little calves and back again!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So excited for your new venture... Ross had a conversation with Uncle Jason on his pretend phone yesterday about "Oo need me to chase oo calfs. Ok, I bwing my horse. Bye. Wuv Oo." Too funny!!

Unknown said...

That is so funny!! Can't wait to see y'all in a couple of months.

Candice

C. White said...

Those calves are so cute! I think I woud get too attached. Glad to hear you're doing well.