Monday, February 22, 2010

Jason




I came home for lunch and this is what I found. I've been teasing Jason about not getting me anything for our anniversary or for Valentine's day. He keeps telling me that he is looking for that "special something".

Well, today is special and for him to think of me this day is way more important than either of the other two days. Today it has been one year since I miscarried. It's hard to believe that a whole year has gone by, and that I still miss and think about that baby everyday. But, today, my sweet husband remembered me and my pain, and along with the card he wrote me a note. I have decided to share it with all of you.

It seems hard for me to understand the pain and the loss completely the way you do right now. But I feel it, too, as much as I can. And I love you deeply and can't even express in words what you and your happiness means to me! Thank you for being who you are, even when I'm not who I need to be. Your support, encouragement, and love promise me that we can handle whatever is to come in our future....with God's help!

I praise God for such a wonderful husband who I do not deserve. His compassion and understanding is what helps me endure days like this. I love you, Jason!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a blessing to our family! We love you so much! And I am so proud of my brother for being so eloquent and honest all at the same time. God bless you both!

Laura said...

Reading this just brought tears to my eyes. In an age where when the going gets tough, lots of couples just give up, how awesome it is to see those who dig down and are strong when the times are tough and love and encourage each other through them. I KNOW there are just amazing things ahead for you! May you feel and know God's lavish love for you both!

Unknown said...

Thank you to the both of you! Jen, I love being in this family and it has been a huge blessing to my life! Laura, it's nice to have someone so close who understands the pain of a miscarriage, and I am so excited to see a little boy's face in the middle of your three precious little girls!

Janette's Joys said...

Dog gone it, I didn't realize you had posted this until yesterday when I was toodling on my blackberry and then there I was bawling my eyes out....Thank you for sharing a piece of your story with us, Candice. You and Jason are such an example of trusting God even when its hard...that definitely does not go unnoticed. Please know that we have been praying for y'all since last year and will continue praying. Love y'all so much!

Katy said...

What a sweet hubby!

I was just telling Janette this weekend that you're someone I would just love to get to know better!

I saw your comment on my blog, and while I would love to come to the Beth Moore conference I am not able to. I love that lady though.

Hope all is well:) Praying for you and Jason!