Friday, February 12, 2010

Playing catch up

I'm still alive, I promise! This is just a "catch up" blog. Usually, the winter is what we refer to as our slow time...not this year. Our calves kept us SOOO busy and now that they are gone I feel that my life is without purpose. OK, it's not really that bad but I do miss them terribly! Last month we sold one group of calves here in Willcox, and the other group we shipped to La Junta, CO. As a bonus, I got a small vacation out of the deal!! The calves left on a Saturday morning and we left Sunday morning.

We went straight to the sale barn in La Junta to check on the calves. They remembered me!! That was my last moment with #36. Sad isn't it! But once we knew that they were all ok we headed to Colorado Springs. We called a few people and gave them "hey, we just happen to be in town......what are you doing?" We were able to spend time with Jason's friend Eric, his wife and new baby, and his parents. We had a really good visit with them, and then we went and saw my cousin, Aaron, and his wife, Christina. We had a great visit with them as well. The next morning we went to Focus on the Family! That place is so awesome!! And if you like Adventures in Odyssey, you will LOVE their Whit's End wonderland park. We both agreed that one day when we have children old enough we are going back!

We left there and went back to La Junta to watch my babies sell. I was so sad when we left....I cried. Jason looked at me like I was crazy, but I just couldn't help. Even now, as I write this, tears. I told him that I would rather just have yearlings all year than farm. It was so much work, but so much fun! I miss them so much.

Anyway, since then we have added to our family. Her name is Daisy and she is a yellow lab puppy. And she is all puppy! She has been bitten twice on the face by one or both of our other dogs because she doesn't ever stop biting....ever! Jason loves her, but the jury is still out for me. Not really into the whole puppy stage. She is cute though.

My mom and my grandparents are in Israel at this very moment! She sends a text everyday and they have been to the Jordan River, where they could be re-baptized if they wanted, the Mediterranean Sea and now they are on their way to Jerusalem. They are going to Egypt as well. I can't wait to hear about their stories and experiences in the Holy Land. I'm jealous!

2 comments:

Lindsey Strittmatter said...

Thanks for the sweet note, Candice! Glad to hear you guys got a little vacation...I am jealous! Hope all is well!

Unknown said...

Wow! That is so cool that your they are over there. Let's plan a family trip someday! Jason should understand your tears... he is his Mama's son... and, not to call him out, but I remember some sniffles at the county show sale a couple of times! I am missing y'all terribly! Did you get the text with the pic of Ross in his pretend combine? He was Uncle Jason, and he told me I was Uncle Canni and I had to take the picture. Hope to see you soon!