Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Horse Camp & VBS

WOW! First of all, where did June go?!? I guess I've been a little busy! Let's see.... Last week was the first week of horse camp. There were 10 kids from the ages of 8-10. Everything went fairly smoothly for handling city kids, and at the end of the week they had to take a test which they all passed. Reflects well of the teacher I suppose! ;) There was one boy who liked to tell me that he couldn't. If you know me, that answer gets you no where and that I'll show you that you CAN do it. When I asked some others about him they told me that he had been violent towards animals, had ADHD, but they had seen some improvement in him. On Friday, part of their test was to demonstrate to me how to properly groom a horse. When it was this boy's turn, he had the soft brush so he was able to brush the horse's face. It happened that I was the only one watching him, and as he very loving brushed the horses face he bent down and kissed her. Needless to say, I let him take a little extra time when he was grooming.

Vacation Bible School...... it has been so much fun! We are doing a Veggie Tales theme this year, The Pirates Who Did Nothing. My mom and I are doing the story and the snacks which are together. Each day we have silly costumes, which keeps the kids interested in how we will be dressed. Tomorrow I am the Sea of Galilee. I tell the story of when Jesus walked on water. Today the main theme was that God is always in control. I'm sure that I got more from this lesson than the kids did. But isn't it wonderful just know that God is in control. In our world where everything is changing so fast it's nice to know that we, as Christians, can have a peace about everything. Sometimes that's the only way that I can get any sleep at night.

Also, last week we had a really great time with Jennifer and the kids! Now Jason always gets lots of lovin' from R, but this trip, even I got some good lovin'! A and I were able to drive around the farm on the 4-wheeler and check all the dripers at the pumps. We also saw LOTS of jack rabbits, quail, and even a coyote. Then to finish the week off, I even got lots of good lovin' from Baby Hagen! He even cried when I left him! OH, that just touches my heart. :)

Well, I guess I better start memorizing some more of my story for tomorrow. Here's a little preview:

Welcome to Spyglass Bible Theater, where true heroes reach out to Jesus! I've got to warn you, it's a little wet in there today. In fact, we're about to go underwater! Everyone take a deep breath and hold it, so your cheeks are puffed out like this. (demonstrate) If you've got a good deep breath, I'll let you jump in one by one.

2 comments:

Janette's Joys said...

Oh my goodness, it sounds like even though life is crazy it is really fun these days:) I have been waiting for you to blog about all this so I could hear a bit about Elfrida VBS...we sure needed you and your costume in Masay this weekend though! lol Have fun with the rest of it:)

Unknown said...

I wish we could be there for VBS... you always do such a good job! It was so fun hanging out with y'all! And I am glad you got your own lovin' this time too!