Thursday, June 5, 2008

"It's Been A Long Month This Week"

That's what Jason told his mom last week. I've decided that it is going to be a long year this month! We officially have our first field of alfalfa under our belts. On Monday morning we were up at 2:30 am, at the field by 3:00 am, and quit baling at 7 am. Came in for some breakfast , went back out and picked up bales off the field. Came home for lunch, took a little nap, and then back out to work. Tuesday morning, up at 2:30 am, at the field by 3:00 am, and finished baling at 7 am. Came in for some breakfast, went back out, and picked up bales. (actually, we had to call the vet to come get my mare up, but that's another story for another day) Came home for lunch, took a little nap, went out and finished picking up bales. YEAH! First field done! Luckily, our second field won't be ready for another week or so.

For some reason or another, June has always been crazy and this year is no exception. The next three weeks I have horse camp, VBS, and horse camp. Plus, all the duties that have to been done around the farm. Then the first of July we should start harvesting our wheat. Needless to say, we are going to be very tired and, hopefully, not to grouchy! I'm glad that Jennifer is going to be here at the very beginning of all of the ciaos! Allison, I want to know how you managed to get such a long vacation!! And, um, just maybe you have room for one more?!? ;)

Oh my goodness, the UPS driver just arrived and my pup Milo jumps into the truck. Before I could get up there to get her out, he reached down to pet her and, you guessed it, she relieved herself right there in the UPS truck!! I was SOOOO embarrassed! And of course it was a new driver that I have never met before! Thank you, MILO!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is what a blog is all about! Putting all of our craziness into words! Kind of therapeutic, huh?:) We are looking forward to being there, too! Maybe we can come to horse camp with you:) And if there is any tractor driving, I know two little Texans who are counting on 'helping out'!

Allison said...

You're getting up as I'm going to bed! Such different schedules, huh?

As for the vacation, just got lucky having a cool brother-in-law with the hook-up. I'm actually kind of freaking out that I'm going to be gone so long! It will be a first. Maybe next summer our vacation could be Arizona!

Janette's Joys said...

I always I knew I liked that dog....hehehee!

Nina said...

Candice we use the UPS man so much and he c0mes by so often Milo think he wants to maake him part of the family.