Friday, June 27, 2008

Praying for our Nation

I'm not one to get in the middle of all of this political mess. And since Jason and I turned off our TV, that has been one of the MANY blessing is not hearing about day after day. But I feel that this is important enough. Check out www.focusonthefamily.org if you haven't already and click on the link that on the bottom left that says something about "Dr. Dobson and the 2008 candidates".

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I feel that these are crazy times for the US. This election makes me more nervous than I can remember. Then after listening to Dr. Dobson, Obama really scares me! As Christians we need to come together and stand united. It is my personal opinion that we are voting for the "lesser of the two evils" this November. When I listened to Obama speak over the Internet, not being able to see his face, I could hear the evil. I could hear the voice of man who wants God to have NO part in our nation. And I fear the day when the United States turns its back on God.

After listening to his speech and if it bothers you as it did me, please tell someone else to listen to it. We need to know the hearts of these men and women that we will be voting for this election. I read a bumper sticker just the other day: Be smart about voting, Hitler was elected in a free election!

We need to be praying for this nation, and praying for God's wisdom in whom we should put in office.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your heart for the right thing is so encouraging in these changing times! Thanks for sharing, and I will definitely check it out!

Unknown said...

It is easy for me to pontificate from a computer, but much more difficult to live. I do believe Christianity and 'resourcefulness' are very closely linked. Y'all are a great example of living both.
I loved the Lazy B book, and I think Jason would really like it too... especially the middle to end where it talks about the real cowboying and the struggles of running an operation in a giant's footsteps with the government regulations constantly increasing... I will send it back with Nette.

Unknown said...

It looks like I am the only one commenting... but I hope y'all locked your doors last night!