Thursday, October 16, 2008

Trouble In The Wind


She was born on a very cold, very windy Easter Sunday morning. April 16,1995, Trouble In The Wind came into this world and forever changed mine.

We called her Windy and she was quite the little whirlwind. So tiny that she fit neatly under her mama's belly while she nursed.







It was definitely love at first sight, well for me anyway....I'm not sure about Stacey.








Every young girl needs a passion in her life. Mine had always been horses, and Windy came along right before I entered high school. Just good timing or God's hand at work? I would say God's hand at work!!





We entered her into halter classes, dragging her along with us to all the shows.












This was her first blue ribbon. I believe that she is just a yearling in this picture.




















I was showing her in all the classes when she turned 2 years old. She was my baby, my project. I started her, I trained her, and she rewarded me greatly! Together we worked so hard and in the end it paid off.













She was my best friend and I relied on her through my high school years. I am so glad that I had some of my senior pictures taken with her!














Many people do not know that we were on the cover of Brio, a Christian girls magazine. (Please, don't hold the horse "whisperer" title against me! I was not so thrilled when they put that on the cover. Besides, there were many times when I was horse "yeller"!) This was definitely another God thing.














I believe that this was after one of our stressful photo shoots for that magazine. She is drugged here (she got over stressed), but I just love her crossed legs. She stood like that for quite some time!







Arizona State Fair! As a 2 year old we placed 2nd in our Western Pleasure class, but for some reason I don't have those pictures. Here we placed 6th in showmanship, which was one of the toughest classes.





















Lots and lots of waiting in between classes. I miss those days.











This is Windy and Teaspoon, her first and only baby.












It's hard to know when to make that call to end the life of a pet, and it's something that I wish we never had to do. But Windy was suffering from bad hips and she was declining quickly. She came into this world on April 16, 1995, and she left this world on October 9, 2008.

Thank you to my two mama's for coming over to cry with me. Thank you, Jason, for taking care of everything because I could not. Thank you, Father, for the opportunity to own such a remarkable horse. And thank you, Windy, for the time that we spent together, the memories made, the person that I became through you, and for Teaspoon. When you died a piece of me forever died with you. I love you and I miss you.

Goodbye my friend.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Through our tears, Anna and I totally appreciated your beautiful tribute. Anna's first comment was, "I love her, too." I am pretty sure she meant Windy when she said it, but I know she loves you so much, too.

Candice said...

What a sweet girl! I love you both!

Allison said...

My tears are flowing. I'm so happy that you have such sweet memories of your beloved pet.

Janette's Joys said...

Oh Candice, that was a sad blog but a cool one none the less that you loved her so much and that y'all have such a great story. I'm so sorry, Candice.

C. White said...

It sounds like Windy shared a great life with you. Making that kind of decision is tough but shows how much you really loved her. Our prayers and sympathies are with you!

Tami Weingartner said...

Putting a horse down is the most gut wretching thing thing owners have to do. The hard thing for me is that....for how big and strong they seam, there so incredible fragile.

I'm so sorry you've lost your friend. Just know that there are many people in the world...who love and cherish the time they spend with their horses and that they are equally gutted when they have to say there final good byes. Your part of a big group. Curb chain jingles coming your way from Pennsylvania.