Sunday, August 3, 2008

Don't Worry About Tomorrow

It's been on crazy week around here! So much to do, and not enough of me to do it! Ever feel like that? It started a week ago when we went with Helen & Virgil to get Janette from the airport. It's so good to have her home again, although she has all ready left again.......but it's still good to have her in the states.

Monday, Janette helped me decorate a cake for my sister's birthday. We had so much fun and she learned how easy it really is. After words I took dinner to Jason out on the tractor, and ended up staying out there with him until after 11pm.

Tuesday, I baked over 11 dozen cookies and then Jason and I went to Tucson to celebrate Stacey's 22nd birthday. We had a great time, and got home again after 11pm.

Wednesday, I went back to Tucson to help Janette move out of her apartment. I had a great time hanging out with her and eating at Chopped! Ran back home, helped unload Janette's belongings, then went home took a shower, and Jason and I went to Dan and Kristel's house. We had a great time there as well, but managed to get home after 11pm.

Thursday, I was supposed to pick up Janette at 6am to work on a pivot but didn't actually get up until 6:30am. So around 7 I picked her up and around 10am we were finished. Nicolette and her two babies came over to Helen's house so we spent most of the day with them. I took Jason some dinner again on the tractor, and then ended up driving tractor for a little while. We finally made it to bed by 8:30pm, and it was wonderful!

Friday, I was supposed to be at my mom's by 8am but I ended up driving tractor for a little bit in the morning. Left my house, got to her house around 10:30am and my mom, sister, and I starting cooking for 125 people. We were asked to cater an anniversary party for my sister-in-law's parents for Saturday. I think I got home around 6:30pm or so.

Saturday, I met my mom and sister and her friend in Willcox around 9am. We finished making beans, spanish rice, chicken enchiladas, chile relleno bake, green chile meat, two kinds of salsa, guacamole, and 3 edible fruit bouquets. We only had one accident....I was trying ever so carefully to move on chile bake from one oven to the next when the rack tipped over and chile, cheese, and eggs went every where! But God does work miracles, b/c for one thing my mom just laughed and the other is that we had 2 chile bakes left over! We didn't feed 5,000, but we did have food left over! I left there around 8pm, and came home to lighting, thunder, and a little rain.

Sunday, Jason was supposed to teach class this morning, which he has been preparing for all week. However, with the rain last night and 50% chance today, he is instead baling hay. Thank you, Papa, for covering for him!

So in a nut shell, that has been our week! And I'm going to close with a verse that was a going to be part of Jason's (now Papa's) lesson....

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble! Matthew 6:24

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are so busy. I must say I was very glad that we were able to spend some time with you during your busy week! Thanks for the encouragement! Yep, Wyatt was with Jessica at the wedding. lol. It will be funny to see where that goes!