Thursday, April 22, 2010

April in AZ

Today is April 22 and it is raining, snowing, and the wind is blowing about 100 mph! Today is also my dad's birthday, and 53 years ago on this day all the cotton in this valley was lost due to rain, snow, and hail. And 53 years later, my father's daughter is glad that the cotton is still in the ground!

Jason and I did plant cotton this year....and chile. It feels so good to back in the groove of things. We went from farming chile, milo, barley, hay, to only farming hay, to farming hay, chile, cotton, corn, & milo again. We are so thankful that God has blessed us with the opportunity to rent some land this year.

Speaking of hay, Jason has (or will soon) shut off the water to some of the hay. So it looks like next week we will start our 2010 hay season. Am I ready? No. Still tired from last year....

Cisco (my colt) is growing like a weed!! And he is full of add-it-tude! ;) He is two weeks old today, likes to run, filling out with some serious muscles, likes to drink water and "gum" hay, and his front two teeth are in. He also likes to buck and kick, especially at humans. I just wonder when I can start working him in the round pen.....

Cake season has also begun today. I am in the process of making two cakes right now, a cake next weekend for my sister's graduation from nursing school, and two wedding cakes in June and July.

It's shaping up to be a wild and crazy year, but I love it!

3 comments:

Katy said...

I'm just starting to dabble in cake making...and love it! You'll have to post pictures sometime!

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I was talented at cake making. ;)

Anna said...

Cute! I didn't know you made cakes and then I was going to say my sister is starting to...but she already wrote that:)