Friday, April 9, 2010

He is Finally Here!!!

We have been waiting since Saturday for this little one! Finally, last night he was born while we were gone. My mom stopped by the house, and actually got to witness his birth. Jason and I were at Tammy & Steven's, which she didn't know, so she couldn't reach us on our cell phones! He was born at 7:25 pm on April 8, 2010. It was 9:30 pm before we got home, but we were able to help him nurse. The picture above is of Teaspoon when she was a day old. He looks so much like his momma!



All four feet are white and he is full of sassafras!! Momma and baby are both doing well, and Coffee Pot hasn't gone far. My 29 year old gelding LOVES babies and this is the third birth that he has been here for. Also, I don't have name! Any ideas???

4 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats! He is super cute! I know three little girls who will want to come visit!! And he shares Char's birthday!:) Glad everything went well!

Janette's Joys said...

Congrats Candice! So exciting, he is adorable:)

My naming juices aren't working well, but I will kick them in high gear and try to think of some ideas to toss to you.

How is Praise handling the new kid??

Unknown said...

So pretty!

Just off the top of my head... (1) Iron Skillet (2) Roaster (3) Dutch Oven.

I'll keep thinking!

Candice said...

Oh, you're too funny Jen! We have actually named him Cisco.

Praise, well all of the geldings, are very interested in him! And knowing how Praise loves to play, I know that is what he is waiting to do!